Graduate/Junior Business Intelligence Developer
About the job
CSL is a leading provider of business intelligence solutions to the UK Healthcare market, developing, maintaining and supporting data solutions to a wide variety of customers. As demand for our services grows, we are looking to expand our team to ensure we continue to deliver high quality service and results to our customers.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a high potential individual in whom we can invest to develop the core skills required to deliver modern BI solutions. Our ideal candidate will already have some experience with BI, either through a placement year as part of a degree, or through a previous role. This experience will include at least six months experience with T-SQL development and ideally some familiarity with Tableau or Power BI dashboard development.
The right candidate will have good interpersonal skills, a confident manner, and will be motivated to learn new skills.
Profile of the role
This will be a client facing role for an individual confident in communicating with non-technical customers as part of a team. You will be working with our customers to integrate new data into their systems to meet their continually evolving needs, as well as supporting and maintaining existing systems.
CSL is a small, specialised agency with around twenty team members, allowing us to offer rich and varied roles to all of our colleagues. This is an “end to end” role, giving you the opportunity to further develop a broad range of skills, from customer engagement, requirement gathering, database development, dashboard development and account management.
Skills and qualifications
- Familiarity with T-SQL and database concepts
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Full UK driving license
- Microsoft SSIS
- Tableau or Power BI
- Knowledge of the UK healthcare system
Skills and experience you will acquire
- Further develop your business intelligence skills at a company that encourages you to grow in the direction that best suits your skills and ambition
- Attain professional qualifications in Microsoft technologies (CSL is a Microsoft Gold Partner) and in Tableau (CSL is also a Tableau partner)
- Gain experience in a variety of dashboard tools (Qlik, Power BI)
- An understanding of pharmaceutical data and business processes (this will be learnt on the job), through working closely with our customers.
- Motivation, training and time provided to help achieve your development goals
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Contribution to home broadband
- Pension at 6% of basic salary
- Training towards qualification
- Flexible working hours
- Lunch & Breakfast provided when in the office
- Profit share scheme*
- Potential to work from home between 60% and 100% of the time depending on location
- Environmental benefits package, including “green expenses” scheme, home improvement loans and company electric car lease scheme**
*Eligibility for the profit share scheme after 12 months of employment
** Green expenses is a trial scheme running in 2022 which allows employees to expense up to £45 worth of products per month from a list of environmentally friendly suppliers without incurring benefit in kind. Electric car lease scheme is subject to availability and offered to employees following the second anniversary of employment.