As with last month we have seen a number of the preview features moved to being widely available this month. These are:
• Modern ribbon is now generally available
• Hierarchical slicer is now generally available (with some added features detailed below)
• Automatic page refresh is now generally available
• AI insights are now generally available
Just remember to enable any preview features in Power BI desktop settings!
With the introduction of hierarchical from preview to available we have seen some new additions to go along with it:
• New options for expand/collapse icons
• Icons now scale with font size
• Ability to customize indentation for child items
• Supported with AI visuals
When launched in preview only one option for the expand and collapse icons was available which were chevrons:
Along with the chevrons there are now 2 additional options:
These can be found by navigating to the Format pane > Items > Expand collapse items
This one is on all slicers and not just the new hierarchical slicers. The icons will now be scaled based on the selected text size as below.
The option is also available to customise the size of the indent on the new hierarchical slicer.
To find this setting, select your hierarchical slicer and navigate to the Format pane > Items > Stepped layout indentation.
Another addition is that the hierarchical slicer is now supported with AI visuals.
Here’s an example where you can see that the hierarchical slicer is cross-filtering the Key Influencers Visual:
Line charts can now be formatted to show different coloured points for categories across your series as per the below example:
To turn this on, go to the Data Colours tab in the formatting pane. In it, you should see all the categories in a series. There you can change the colour that you want the dot to appear for each category.
• Line chart dot formatting options
• Radar chart by MAQ Software
• ValQ for Modern Visual Planning
• Advanced Trellis by xViz
• Updates to Gantt chart by xViz
• Updates to Cards with States by OKViz
1 New connector is available
• Palantir Foundry Connnector
For a full list, including any feature I did not touch on, here’s the official announcement: